DUBAI, United Arab Emirates (AP) — Son Heung-min has arrived at the Asian Cup after missing South Korea’s first two games while playing for Premier League club Tottenham.
The attacking midfielder posed for selfies and signed a jersey at the airport in Dubai a day after playing in Tottenham’s 1-0 loss to Manchester United on Sunday in London.
South Korea has already qualified for the last 16 and Son could play in the final Group C match on Wednesday against China with both sides chasing first place.
It is Son’s third international tournament in less than a year.
Most Read Sports Stories
- Always learning, Rams' Goff seeks results in NFC title game
- Aqib Talib is cornerstone of Rams' efforts to rein in Saints
- Saints-Rams NFC title game a clash of like-minded coaches
- Russell scores 40 as Nets come back to beat Magic 117-115
- George lifts Thunder past 76ers 117-115 VIEW
After playing at the World Cup, Son missed the first part of the English season while playing for South Korea at the Asian Games. He led the team to the title, securing exemption from military service.
More AP soccer: https://apnews.com/apf-Soccer and https://twitter.com/AP_Sports