Headlined by two five-star recruits — and one McDonald's All-American — there is no shortage of star power in our annual Star Times basketball selections. Selected by Seattle Times staff, these are the Seattle area's best high-school hoopers this season.
- No more cupcakes: Imagining a proposed Pac-12-Big 12 ‘strategic alliance’
- Gruesome injury behind him, Mariners prospect Kyle Lewis is embracing his first healthy spring
- Teenage dream: At age 15, Danny Leyva is already knocking on the Sounders’ door
- Seattle U men see two-game winning streak end in loss to Utah Valley
- Five players the Seahawks figure to have their eye on at this week’s NFL combine
- Four things to watch as the Seahawks head to the NFL combine
- After slow start, SPU is playing with a ‘different desperation’ behind Coleman Wooten
- ‘Better than pretty good’: Yusei Kikuchi impresses Mariners, strikes out Reds’ Joey Votto in debut
- Seahawks legend Jim Zorn named coach and GM of Seattle’s XFL franchise
Top Sports Stories
The Mariners, in the midst of a "step back," know they won't be World Series contenders in the near future. Their veterans know that, too. So, the team is being honest, and the vets are trying to control what they can.
Washington's Matisse Thybulle is averaging 5.5 steals and 2.37 blocks in his past eight games. But he deserves much more than Defensive Player of the Year honors.
Mariners Spring Training
Soon after the Rose Bowl, Gaskin turned his attention toward next week's NFL combine in Indianapolis. He has been training six days a week with several former UW teammates and is eager to perform in front of NFL executives and scouts.
Off-the-court distractions have made for a strange senior season for Federal Way's five-star prospect. Still, he has the Eagles in a strong position to win a state championship. But it's what Jaden McDaniels has the potential to do after high school that has basketball fans in a frenzy.
Signing day is in the books, which means it's time to take a closer look at Washington's 23 2019 signees. Who's the class' biggest get? Biggest sleeper? Player with the most to prove. We made our picks. Do you agree?
- Taran Alvelo tosses her second career no-hitter as Huskies put away Utah Valley, 9-0
- Huskies softball team wins 16th consecutive game
- Washington women finish 5th in Pac-12 golf
- Huskies find their offense at last in 11-1 baseball victory over Santa Clara
- Huskies run softball winning streak to 13 games behind Morganne Flores’ two HRs
- Kristopher Negron’s two-run double kicks off Rainiers’ winning five-run rally
- Three Isotopes pitchers combine on 7-hit shutout of Rainiers
- Eric Young’s homer in ninth inning lifts Tacoma Rainiers over El Paso
- Rainiers give up 10 runs in ninth inning, fall to Isotopes
- Nabil Crismatt slapped around as Isotopes handle Rainiers
Hockey2021 Expansion to Seattle
- Sockeyes or Totems? Announcing the winner of our (unofficial) tournament to name Seattle’s NHL team VIEW
- NHL commissioner Gary Bettman says Seattle will get All-Star Game ‘within seven years’ of team launch
- How much money can Seattle NHL fans expect to pay for tickets? More than in most other sports
- Vegas owner says NHL executive apologized for Game 7 penalty
Most Read Sports Stories
- Chiefs announce trade, signing of DE Clark to new deal
- Dolphins draft Clemson DT Christian Wilkins in 1st round
- Bishop now the Stars goalie trying to beat Blues in playoffs
- Yankees rally from 5 runs down for 6-5 win over Angels VIEW
- Nashville gets its chance to step up for NFL draft
High Schools Sports Photos & Video
- More than the Metropolitans: Before NHL arrives, a comprehensive Seattle hockey history VIEW
- Intensity, camaraderie and Rose Bowls: How 1959 and 1960 UW teams put Huskies on the map VIEW
- ‘It was indescribable’: An oral history of Sonics’ final game at KeyArena as the NBA returns a decade later VIEW
- How the Storm rebuilt and won the 2018 WNBA title eight years after its 2010 championship
- Summiting ‘Savage Mountain’: The harrowing story of these Washington climbers’ K2 ascent VIEW