Alyssa McLemore is the first missing Native American woman to be featured on semitruck trailers as part of the Washington State Patrol’s 14-year-old “Homeward Bound” program, which features posters bearing the likeness of missing people to raise awareness and possibly aid in their recovery. VIEW
Most Read Local Stories
- UW finds star athlete's sexual assault allegation credible, but athletic executive quietly moved on
- 'I didn't know if I was dead or alive': Jury awards $4 million to Montana tourist injured in deadly Ride the Ducks crash
- Second day of record-breaking heat in Seattle area
- Tax giveaways: The price of building with the big guys
- French police suicide rate climbs, French govt is flummoxed
Featured Video Stories
- Amazon, Microsoft and others give tens of millions for homeless housing
- Amazon donating $8 million to affordable-housing efforts in Seattle, Virginia
- In Seattle, fast-paced redevelopment displaces the safe spaces for homeless young adults VIEW
- San Francisco plans to force mentally ill addicts into a system critics call ripe for abuses
Project Homeless is a new Seattle Times initiative that explores and explains the region’s complex, troubling problem of homelessness. With strong watchdog reporting and vivid storytelling, Project Homeless seeks to spotlight what is working, and what is not working, in responding to homelessness. We will also feature solutions-oriented reporting from elsewhere in the country.
Local News Photography
AUGUSTA, Maine (AP) — It can be hard to keep smiles healthy in rural areas, where dentists are few and far between and residents often are poor and lack dental coverage. Efforts to remedy the problem have produced varying degrees of success. The biggest obstacle? Dentists. Dozens of countries, such as New Zealand, use "dental...
More Special Reports
SAN FRANCISCO (AP) — An 8-year-old female American bison living in Golden Gate Park's famous paddock has died after suffering severe kidney disease. The San Francisco Zoo and Gardens, which cares for the bison herd, announced Brunhilda's death Friday after a necropsy, according to The San Francisco Chronicle . Zoo officials could not be reached...