We need to regain our vision and hope for the great potential this country has had from its revolutionary beginning. Of course the Green New Deal is unrealistic, and the details will not happen very soon, if ever. But that’s not the point. It is finally a vision of, and a legislative hope for, so much that we need to do and aspire to.
They are big changes we need to make, with resolve and responsibility. Let the dialogue involve us all, without rancor.
Bill Burley, Mount Vernon
Most Read Opinion Stories
- Let’s stand with our Boeing neighbors in these trying times | Op-Ed
- Air travel is ‘unsustainable’ | Letter to the editor
- 'Adversity index' valid in college admissions | Editorial
- Jon Stewart schools us on outrage | Brian Boyle / Guest columnist
- A social-media twilight zone | Horsey cartoon