While President Donald Trump and his supporters attempt to conjure an imminent security threat on our southern border, a real crisis does exist, on the fence currently being uncomfortably straddled by congressional Republicans.
On one side lies a tangible threat to our democracy and a descent into tyranny; on the other, the defense of one of our core constitutional principles — the separation of power between the three branches of government.
Which will the GOP choose?
David Arntuffus, Shoreline
Most Read Opinion Stories
- Let’s stand with our Boeing neighbors in these trying times | Op-Ed
- Air travel is ‘unsustainable’ | Letter to the editor
- 'Adversity index' valid in college admissions | Editorial
- Jon Stewart schools us on outrage | Brian Boyle / Guest columnist
- A social-media twilight zone | Horsey cartoon