Teach the arts in ways that make students take pride in their own cultural identity, while gaining respect and appreciation for the art and customs of other cultures.
As a former art teacher, I would like to see the “A” added to STEM so that all students could benefit from art history, not just AP classes.
Multicultural arts matter as the arts may be our only hope of bringing us together for a world of peace and harmony.
Most Read Opinion Stories
- Let’s stand with our Boeing neighbors in these trying times | Op-Ed
- Air travel is ‘unsustainable’ | Letter to the editor
- 'Adversity index' valid in college admissions | Editorial
- Jon Stewart schools us on outrage | Brian Boyle / Guest columnist
- A social-media twilight zone | Horsey cartoon
Marsha Conn, Seattle