NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP) — Police in Tennessee say two men were caught at the Nashville International Airport with more than 150 pounds of marijuana in their suitcases.
News outlets report 40-year-old Trung Tiey, of Philadelphia, and 56-year-old Tihn Tran, of Murphy, Texas, were arrested Tuesday on felony drug charges.
The Metro Nashville Police Department says a trained canine named Boston helped find the drugs, which had entered the airport on a flight from Oakland, California. Arrest affidavits say the suitcases had a “strong odor of air freshener” and had “vacuum sealed bags” sticking out of them.
Police say the men were jailed and missed their next flight to Jacksonville, Florida. It’s unclear if the men have lawyers who can comment on their behalf.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- In Venezuela, women sell hair as another way to get by VIEW
- Sudan's army says holding talks with all political forces
- Will Ukrainian comedian be any match for Vladimir Putin? VIEW
- Spain's rural regions become fierce battleground for votes VIEW
- Cyprus lake, mineshaft searched for bodies after 2 found VIEW