NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP) — Police in Tennessee say two men were caught at the Nashville International Airport with more than 150 pounds of marijuana in their suitcases.
News outlets report 40-year-old Trung Tiey, of Philadelphia, and 56-year-old Tihn Tran, of Murphy, Texas, were arrested Tuesday on felony drug charges.
The Metro Nashville Police Department says a trained canine named Boston helped find the drugs, which had entered the airport on a flight from Oakland, California. Arrest affidavits say the suitcases had a “strong odor of air freshener” and had “vacuum sealed bags” sticking out of them.
Police say the men were jailed and missed their next flight to Jacksonville, Florida. It’s unclear if the men have lawyers who can comment on their behalf.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Acosta Blames Grand Jury for Prostitution Charge: Epstein Update
- Cleopatra Hospital rises the most since March
- 'The Farewell's' Lulu Wang and Awkwafina want you to cry, then call your grandma
- Local permit denied for Woodstock 50 at upstate NY track
- Activists Take Control of EQT Board in Proxy Fight