ST. PAUL, Minn. (AP) — State Rep. Erin Murphy has named Rep. Erin Maye Quade as her running mate as she heads toward a primary in her bid for governor.
Murphy was endorsed by Democratic activists in Rochester Saturday. She defeated U.S. Rep. Tim Walz, who has indicated he’ll run for the party nomination in an August primary.
Murphy’s campaign announced her running mate Sunday. Maye Quade is a first-term Democratic lawmaker who rose to prominence last year after accusing several male legislators of sexual harassment. Both men later resigned. She also staged an overnight sit-in on the House floor to protest lack of action.
Murphy was the sole Democratic candidate in the three-way race for governor not to pick a running mate before the convention weekend.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Virginia family out for ride finds nearly $1 million in road
- Baby goat stolen from Baltimore garden reunited with owners
- North Korea's Kim holds meeting on bolstering nuclear forces
- In fight against virus, South Africa expects a long wait VIEW
- Desperate Indian girl bikes 745 miles home with disabled dad