ST. PAUL, Minn. (AP) — State Rep. Erin Murphy has named Rep. Erin Maye Quade as her running mate as she heads toward a primary in her bid for governor.
Murphy was endorsed by Democratic activists in Rochester Saturday. She defeated U.S. Rep. Tim Walz, who has indicated he’ll run for the party nomination in an August primary.
Murphy’s campaign announced her running mate Sunday. Maye Quade is a first-term Democratic lawmaker who rose to prominence last year after accusing several male legislators of sexual harassment. Both men later resigned. She also staged an overnight sit-in on the House floor to protest lack of action.
Murphy was the sole Democratic candidate in the three-way race for governor not to pick a running mate before the convention weekend.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Jimmy Carter won't teach Sunday school days after procedure
- AP sources: Former CIA chief Brennan to brief Dems on Iran
- In Iran, a plunging economy trumps fears of US confrontation VIEW
- 3 officers, 1 suspect recovering after shooting in Detroit
- Trump's 'great patriot' farmers follow him into a trade war