RALEIGH, N.C. (AP) — Authorities in North Carolina and Virginia are following up on tips as they search for a 7-month-old girl they say was abducted at knifepoint from the baby’s mother.
Police in Danville, Virginia, said Emma Grace Kennedy was taken by her father, 51-year-old Carl Ray Kennedy at a convenience store near the North Carolina state line.
Virginia State Police issued an Amber Alert saying the infant faces “extreme danger.”
An update Monday night said Kennedy may have been spotted in Seven Springs, southeast of Raleigh, and could be headed to Oak Island on the North Carolina coast.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Editorial: A race to the bottom: AOC should drop the victim card when facing criticism
- China is stifling its own movie business
- Suds and music fill OC Brew Hee Haw at the fair
- For Steve Bullock, the top issue is 'dark money' VIEW
- Trump Trails Biden, Warren, Sanders in NBC-WSJ Poll Matchups
Authorities said Carl Kennedy is registered as a sex offender in Asheboro, North Carolina.
Finley reported from Norfolk, Virginia.
Follow Martha Waggoner on Twitter at http://twitter.com/mjwaggonernc.