NEW YORK (AP) — Fans of show tunes are getting another place to get their fix now that iHeartRadio has launched a Broadway channel and online hub.
iHeartRadio Broadway started offering streaming music from Broadway shows Monday. A companion website will provide news, videos, interviews and podcasts.
Recent songs heard on the channel include ones from “In the Heights,” ”Beauty and the Beast,” ”Sweeney Todd,” ”Hairspray,” ”Fiddler on the Roof” and “Hamilton.”
Scott Hopeck of iHeartMedia said the Broadway channel “is something that has been missing” for people who love theater.
Most Read Entertainment Stories
- Britain's Prince Philip, 97, recovers after Land Rover crash VIEW
- Met Opera offers free tickets to federal employees
- Wendy Williams to take health-related break from TV show
- 'Green Book' takes top honor at the Producers Guild Awards VIEW
- Reports: Sony drops R. Kelly after furor over allegations
The new channel will compete with SiriusXM’s “On Broadway,” which also features songs and such hosts as Seth Rudetsky and John Tartaglia.