- New fiction: Calculating adults propel a child in anxious directions in messy, fun ‘Red Dress in Black and White’
- From Harry Potter to civil law, Seattle-area libraries’ online programs provide connection during coronavirus
- What to stream: films about human/wildlife connections that roar and soar
- What’s happening with Seafair, Folklife, Seattle Pride and other big events, given the coronavirus pandemic?
- Starting a novel while stuck at home? Seattle author Elizabeth George shares tips in ‘Mastering the Process.’
- Seattle teacher competes for $100,000 prize on ‘Jeopardy!’ tournament
- Coronavirus upended everything. What will life in Seattle look like when we re-emerge?
- Neighborhood booksellers, moved by community support and opening for curbside service, say ‘indie bookstores will thrive again’ VIEW
ATLANTA (AP) — Tyler Perry has offered to pay the funeral expenses for an 8-year-old girl who was fatally shot in Atlanta over the weekend, a representative for the actor and filmmaker confirmed Wednesday. “I’m outraged today because I’d rather be paying for 8-year-old Secoriea Turner’s college than her funeral," Perry said in a statement...
Even trees need a friend. We all need friends. See how easy it is to create a little tree right in your world. This painting comes right out of your heart. How do you make a round circle with a square knife? That's your challenge for the day. Use your imagination, let it go. Just...