The business week ahead
MONDAY: U.S. stock and bond markets are closed for the Presidents Day holiday.
TUESDAY: The National Association of Home Builders releases its housing market index for February. … The world’s biggest retailer, Walmart, reports its fourth-quarter financial results. The report might give some clues about the strength of consumer spending — of concern recently.
WEDNESDAY: The Federal Reserve releases minutes from its January interest-rate meeting. Investors are interested in the deliberations because that’s when the Fed made a subtle but significant shift in its economic outlook.
THURSDAY: The Commerce Department reports on durable goods for December. … The National Association of Realtors releases existing-home sales data for January.
Most Read Business Stories
- Wireless charging of phones is here, so what is it good for?
- New Mexico film industry up amid abortion fights elsewhere
- Turkey slams southern EU nations on drilling bid off Cyprus
- Franco Zeffirelli at his home in Rome.
- Target's tech trouble clogs stores with long checkout lines