While Salesforce sees buying Tableau as a way to create a second headquarters in Seattle, the deal also underscores how local tech giants Amazon and Microsoft have come to dominate a new model of business computing.
- Suits allege Amazon’s Alexa violates laws by recording children’s voices without consent
- Social Security faces a shortfall in six months
- Facebook wouldn't delete an altered video of House Speaker Nancy Pelosi. What about one of CEO Mark Zuckerberg?
- San Francisco prosecutors turn to AI to reduce racial bias VIEW
- Uber tests drone food delivery, launches new autonomous SUV
- A Canadian store tried to bag-shame its customers. Nice try.
- Christensen Shipyards rolls last finished yacht out of Vancouver, Wash., facility
- GM investing $150 million at Flint Assembly for heavy-duty pickups
Thanks to a novel mix of partnerships, community involvement, and philanthropy — including $8 million from Seattle Children's — a long-vacant parcel near Othello Station has become the centerpiece in a battle against gentrification in Rainier Valley.
Nordstrom's Northgate location, one of the oldest stores in the family-run retail company, will close in August. The store's 170 employees will be offered work at other locations.
Boeing 737 MAX
- How do I deal with programs causing slow startup for Windows 10 on my PC? | Q&A with Patrick Marshall
- Netflix heads into showdown with slowing subscriber growth
- House bill aims to curtail fake Uber and Lyft drivers
- NCAA: College athletes graduating at record high rate
- China’s Huawei reports sales gain despite US sanctions
- Intel to pay $5M to settle pay discrimination allegations
Latest business headlines
MEXICO CITY (AP) — Mexican billionaire Carlos Slim says he supports President Andrés Manuel López Obrador's objectives and estimates that he will make investments of more than $5.2 billion through his companies during López Obrador's six-year term. Slim highlighted the president's efforts to rein in government spending, raise the minimum wage, eradicate corruption, address crime,...